Please Help Me I Am About To Break! Cant See Anything On Pc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the problem is that I cant see anything when i turn on the pc. As in nothing shows up, the monitor wont even turn on - it stays on standby. The computer sounds like its working normally, everything runs and there are no bios beeps. But everything behaves as if the computer is still off. The monitor dosnt even recognise the cpu is on and the mouse (optical) dosnt glow.
So i pulled out my old pc (that works) and chucked in the parts of the problematic one, one at a time. I tested the Graphics card, RAM, Hard drive, took away all the extras (modem, firewire PCI and TV tuner). And the parts work fine when i tested them out on my other pc. So basically i havnt tested the cpu/ motherboard.It was working fine and suddenly one day i got a blue screen and then it would start but cant see anything - not even the starting stuff about the drives and press DEL to enter setup.

Can anyone please give me some suggestions, i know some basic knowledge so i can change the motherboard if you guys think i should, because this computer had some other whacky problem which was fixed by swapping the RAM's. :S I have no idea why but when i swapped the rams both worked, as opposed to only one working.

Anyway, i would really appreciate it if you guys could take the time to give me a few suggestions.
thanks in advance

Here's the specs:
P4 3.2 Ghz
ASUS P4S800 Mobo
2x 512Mb DDR400 RAM
WD 160GB HD
NEC DVD-RW
256Mb 7600GS AGP graphics card
Leadtek TV2000 tv tuner
400W PSU

and on my workin pc i hav these bits to swap if you think I should:
AMD Athlon 3000+
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Mobo
WD 160GB HD + Seagate 60GB HD
3 dvd/ cd drives
7600GT 256Mb DDR3 Graphics
400W PSU

Erm....try looking in your mb book on how to reset the CMOS then do it.....my problem is simarlar to urs and once done you can at least see sumin. May fix urs al together tho. Giv it a go

Well i convinced my supplier to take it back and repair.
He says that warranty on the computers are only a yr! apparently thats standard because i bought an entire computer from him not just a mobo :S. Sounded like he was trying to rip me off, so i argued why do they have a 3yr warranty on the mobo and he said he will have to send it back to china (to ASUS) cos it was an outdated mobo.
I didnt want to waste anymore money so i sent it back.
Hopefully i get replaced with a newer model :D or atleast a working same model.
Thanks for all your help guys

Sugar

[To Who This May Concern:

Howdy all,

I'm known as Chief kilo1, but you may call me Ray.
This is my first time here and I hope, you would assist me or recomend me to someone that may resolve a problem for me concerning my softwareon my XP Home computor, and where can I start?
Thank you
regard Ray.

well if u are not willing to give more info on what u have I think u are out of luck. we need to either know the model of the computer or the MB and CPU of what u have, and the rest of the specs would be nice.

good luck Ray.

huka@xtra.co.nz said:
[To Who This May Concern:

Howdy all,

I'm known as Chief kilo1, but you may call me Ray.
This is my first time here and I hope, you would assist me or recomend me to someone that may resolve a problem for me concerning my softwareon my XP Home computor, and where can I start?
Thank you
regard Ray.

Your best bet is to post your specs, what the problem is, and what you have done so far to attempt to resolve the issue.

Only when we know what your problem is can we give insight into what may be causing your problems. We cant read minds ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back