Please Help Me With Installing XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

envylife904

Hello,
I just received a Compaq E500 laptop from Ebay. I tried installing Windows XP Pro. Everything goes fine untill i get to the "copying files" at file win32k.sys it stops installing and gives me options. Either retry installing this file , witch i tried many times and still wouldn't, or skip the file. So finaly i tried to skip the file, but it gives a warning that windows may not work properly if skipping this file. So the file finisished installing and the it reboots the computer and the regular windows xp loading screen starts up, after like 3 seconds my screen turs blue and says "Fatal Error windows has shut down" and gives some long chains of numbers and letter. I tried repainging and installing 2 more time oand i keep getting the same thing. Plaese help me... Thank You Larry:approve

There are a couple of things that can cause this error:

1. Faulty Memory Chip
2. Out of Date BIOS

are the 2 main culprits. I would recommend updating the BIOS for the system first and trying to install Windows again. If you still get the same error then try running MEMTEST from a bootable floppy disk to test the RAM in the laptop.

BIOS and other system related drivers and utilities are available from here

The BIOS file you need is the System ROMPaq version. Instructions for use are on the website also :)

When you first boot up the laptop it should tell you the bios version across the top or bottom of the screen. You could also try going into the BIOS setup screens, sometimes it tells you in there also.

I just tried to install XP again with skiping that file "win32k.sys" and then when the computer restarts and goes to the blue screen this is what it says STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initalization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down. WHAT DOES THIS ERROR MEAN? thank you

I just tried to install XP again with skiping that file "win32k.sys" and then when the computer restarts and goes to the blue screen this is what it says STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The session Manager Initalization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down. WHAT DOES THIS ERROR MEAN? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back