Please..help..me...with my MULTIMEDIA AUDIO CONTROLLER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry guys but I've tried other forums and if i add on to an old thread no one ever responds... SO yes, I'm yet another person with the Multimedia Audio Controller problem, it's the only thing that's affecting my sound.

My sound was working fine today until I rebooted my computer (didn't download anything btw), and when it loaded up again, no sound was heard at all. I checked eveyrthing and i TOO found the yellow question mark next to the MUltimedia audio controller. SO waht do i do now? I've noticed people have given other people links to download their computers controller and so can someone do that for me too? Here's my comp info based on CPU-Z. ALso, i DON'T have any CD's, well i DID try putting the driver disks in and reinstall teh hardware but it kept saying it couldn't find it, and i also tried to do system restore but the system restore kept failing and saying it couldn't do whatever.

Anyways, thx for reading my post so far and i hope at least one of you guys give me teh right link so i can fix my sound problem, if you do that i thank you with all my heart :D

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 530
Specification: Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Type of Comp: Windows XP Dell Dimension 8400
Model: 0J3492
Chipset: Intel i925X
Southbridge: INtel 82801FB (ICH6)
LPCIO: SMSC
Version: A01

If theres info im missing plz tell me to get it and tell me how to get it too :]

Hi,

For Dell computers,always start with the Dell web site,HERE

It`s probably the first of those drivers,but you can try both if necessary.

OK, if you have the driver CD and the setup program can't find the proper driver then chances are that your sound chip/card is dead. If you still have a warranty then you need to get moving to fix the computer. RMA the thing and get a new motherboard/sound card. If that's not an option then you'll need to purchase a new sound card. You can spend anywhere from $25.00 to $300.00 and get decent sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back