TechSpot

PLEASE HELP!!!!! My computer wont turn on

By wazza57l
Jun 17, 2007
  1. Hi all,

When i try and turn my computer on they light on the front of my computer turns on but the pc doesnt boot up. At the same time the lights on the speakers flash on and then off they also make a noise like they have power for a second and then nothing. this has been happening for a few days now but at 1st it would do it and then you walk away and come back and it will turn on like normal but now its gone from that to it wont turn on at all. I changed the power lead into a different power socket in the wall but the same thing. I always scan for virisus and clean the pc and registry. Thanx ............

Im told it could be the power supply unit but If anyone else had any other info on what it might be please post their ideas, cheers

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

From your description, it sounds like your psu(power supply unit) may have failed. Try another psu and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. wazza57l

wazza57l TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx for the reply. Im only new to this. Im ok with computers but not much up on the mechanical side of things. what is a power supply unit? Is it the cord or??? how come the light stays on, on the front of the pc?

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

The psu is the bit where your power cord plugs into the computer. It controls all the power for your system.

If you`re not confident in swapping out computer parts, either get a friend to help you, or take the computer into your local pc repair shop.

Regards Howard :)

5. wazza57l

wazza57l TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanx mate. I'll figure something out

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.