PLEASE Help my xbox has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraYYoda

I had heard a high pitch whistle coming from the inside the xbox,i opened it up n found a bit a plastic stuck in the fan,took it out,put the xbox back together and now ... well its f***ed.the hard drive makes a loud sqeek like noise..sometimes,i get a 07 error message.Sometimes i get into a game, but either the graphics are off somehow,the load times are too long or the xbox just crashes and makes the noise again after about 10mins.
Anyone have any idea what i could have done or anything i can do to fix it?

....Well iv had it almost since release!And it has been opened so i guess not.If it was i wouldnt hav a problem.I just dont understand how taking the top cover off can have such an impact on the hardware..

AuroraYYoda said:
....Well iv had it almost since release!And it has been opened so i guess not.If it was i wouldnt hav a problem.I just dont understand how taking the top cover off can have such an impact on the hardware..

Taking the cover off wouldn't have that much impact it was more like the fan was damaged from the plastic stuck in it, if the fan can't spin as it should then the CPU etc will start to cook and you'll get the problems your getting, I'm not sure if you can replace Xbox fans.. If not the only option is a new Xbox as you took the cover off and Microsoft won't replace it if you do that.

Did you make sure you were earthed (did you get rid of your body's static electricity) if not it could be that which has fried your components. If it is that which has happened well your xbox is nomore.

Hmmm well the fan never really stopped,it just had something rubbing off it,probibly not earthed, but i can remember that i only touched the outer case and the fan.. shouldnt have made any change,im kinda pissed off and confused about the whole thing.

possibility when your fan went, the circuit board/ cpu overheated. Your xbox might be toast. Hopefully you have you warranty.

First of all, yes your warranty has been void for some time now. Second, is your xbox modded? If it is, you could flash the bios again and rebuild the hd. (just make sure you back it up first)

The 07 error is for hd timeout. You should check the IDE cable, and the power upply connection. Do you still have the original hd in the xbox?

If your hd squeeks, then its dead (or dying). Perhaps everything else is fine. You can find many sites on the internet telling you how to mod your xbox and add a new harddrive.

You may want to try that, its not going to hurt anything trying if it doesn't work as is.

As SNGX said, try getting you're Xbox modded but. Don't get the ones you have to solder on. By the way if it's just your hard drive that's destroyed look on the internet for a hard drive that's compatible with XBox, you don't want to get a 7200 rpm hd or it will fry everything but I guess it would just be cheaper to buy a new XBox..... but yeah man sorry to say, you're warranty is void. Unless you have a really good friend that works at Microsoft and will trade in your XBox then you are out of luck.

Akio said:
As SNGX said, try getting you're Xbox modded but. Don't get the ones you have to solder on.

I disagree. I think that the chips that require soldering are more stable. I modded my friends xbox with a "solderless" mod chip, and if he moved his xbox then it would shake free. I did mine with a xecuter 2.6 and I soldered it myself and its been runnin like a charm. I would recommend the xecuter 2.6 lite, but if you are really looking to get your box tricked out go for the xecuter 3 chip. Check all the stuff out at Team Xecuter's Home Page. I word of advice... if you plan to mod your xbox, i would never recommend you do it by yourself. have someone who has already modded an xbox to help you. If you don't, you're prolly gonna get screwed

...and by the way i installed a 200 gig WD caviar 7200 rpms and its not given me any problems.

Yeah, I have a 250 gig hd that's 7200 but it heats up alot. So I made my fan spin more frequently. About the soldering you didn't find it hard? It was ridiculously hard for me. I also had the newest XBox version so it was a pain to install the OS.

Akio said:
About the soldering you didn't find it hard? It was ridiculously hard for me. I also had the newest XBox version so it was a pain to install the OS.

The first time I modded an xbox it was hard to solder it correctly. I had someone who knew what they were doing with me though. After you get the hang of it, soldering is the only way to go... i think at least.

Yeah if you have the 1.6b version of the xbox it can get a little tricky.

Right now I have 2 Xboxs because the DVDrom burned out on my first one. If you are looking to replace your Xbox w/ a new system I would be willing to buy your broken one so I could pull the DVDrom out of it. Or if you would like my system so you can rebuid yours, just let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back