Please help PC keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Computer is in a perpetual state of restarting.

Thanksgiving I had a similar probelm where it would restart but I would have errors whenever I tried to reinstall windows. I then purchased a powersupply, and all things were fine after that.

Two days ago, I restarted my computer and it gave a SMART error for my second hard drive, and when XP loaded it was running extremely sluggishly. Saying failure was emminent, so I started backing up my files on that drive to my main drive and headed to best buy, to pick up a Western Digital 320GB internal EIDE hard drive. Put it in, start setting up my partitions, computer started running fine.

I left my computer on last night so it could format the drives while I sleep, and I wake up to the sound of posting and a floppy drive firing every 30 or so seconds.

Try to load in safe mode, restarts before the windows logon screen appears
Try to load last good configuration, same things happens
Try to load regularly, same thing happens.

So I figure maybe I did somethings stupid and pulled a cable out somewhere , for whatever reason while trying to get my hard drive in. Everything looked fine.

So I start it back up again, and throw in my Windows XP startup CD, and shows the text at the top saying its getting hardware configurations, then when the screen is supposed to go blue, it stays black and sits there.

I'm dumbfounded by this problem and would appreciate any input anybody has.

EDIT: I also changed out my video card.

OR else you can try to boot with one HD, unplug the secondary drive. and RAM was the high potential of causing this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back