Please help, possible processor replacement, emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Hp pavilionN5470 Notebook Pc, it has a AMD Athlon 4 processor at 1.0 ghz. My Notebook kept booting up but would shut off completely without warning or anything it would just die. After checking everything I knew to check i came to find that my processor was continually getting hotter and hotter, and although the cooling unit was working fine it would still burn up. I figure this is what was shutting down the computer. Now I pulled the processor out and would like to replace it, if that's even possible. I was wondering if there were other processors i could use considering that the one I have I can't find for sale anywhere anymore and if there were any special things i need to remember when replacing it myself. Any precautions I should take or special things i should do to ensure that it is done properly. Thanks to everyone in advance

If you are having heat problems, replacing with a new CPU will not fix the heat problems. You first need to identify why you have having the heat problems.

Are the notebook case fans working properly? If they are, then this means the problem is likely in the CPU heatsink/fan setup. I am not familiar with your notebook mobo layout, but notebook heatsink setups can be extremely tricky to replace, and often involves soldering. The replacement parts can often be tricky to find as well.

For the amount of money/time it would cost to replace the heatsink system, in most cases for laptops it is not worth it.... of course without looking at your board myself I am only guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back