Please Help! - Runtime error (pip.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I am new to the board and I hope I am posting in the right area. If not, please accept my apology. I am in desperate need of assistance and I do not know who can help me.

I am having a problem using my Microsoft Picture It! Photo. I can open the program, but if I attempt to open any file, I get a runtime error that says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!
program:C/programfiles/microsoftPictureIt!2002/pip.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I referenced Microsoft's support website to no avail. I then contacted Microsoft for support via phone and was told that my verison is outdated and they no longer support it. I was not able to call Dell yet (this program came with my computer).

I have some files that I desperately need access to. I have information for my son's soccer team that I really need to print before the end of the season. Any help that someone can provide would be extreeemely appreciated!

Thanks! Sue.

Thank you for your reply Tedster.

I found a Microsoft "patch" too. That fixed my problem temporarily. I was able to open some files, but when I attempted to print more than one photo page at a time, the system stopped and locked into some sort of stalled holding pattern. Ctl Alt Del showed that the program was working.

Anyway, I ran the program you suggested and so far so good. Hopefully that solved my problems.

Thank you kindly.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back