Please help sata windows install

Status
Not open for further replies.

evansph

When I try to install windows it duse not see the hard drivers I have tryed every thing.

Description:
win xp pro
athlon 64 3800
asus a8v deluxe
2 x kingmax twin 1 gig ddr400
wd 200gig sata
wd 36gig raptor 1000rpm sata
asus a92oose
pci 1-0 4 serial
pioneer dvd burner

I have tryed downloading the latest raid drivers and when installing windows f6 for scsi and windows will still not see the hard drives. Bios can see them and sata is enabeled in bios.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???

If I understand you correctly you have loaded the drivers. With your drives you shouldn't run a RAID configuration as you will be limited to the smallest drive's size and if you run JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) you gain nothing and lose much.

So, go into BIOS and disable all SATA RAID functions. Don't worry, the SATA ports themselves will be active, you are just disabling RAID. Reboot, hit delete to enter BIOS and your drives should show up in the BIOS window.

If they now show up it is time to install windows. Prsonally I would start from scratch by deleting any partitions whn windows asks. Hit F6 when prompted and reload your drivers BUT do NOT uselect RAID when asked. Just make your Raptooor C: and load windows to it. When prompted make the bigger slower drive D: When windows is done go back into BIOS and change Boot ordr to Hard Drive; CD ROM; Removable and remember that you have two disks so there should be a hard drive boot order in the same window. Make sure the Raptor boots first. Reboot and you should be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back