TechSpot

Please help!There is something wrong with my antivirus!

By boy_from_MK
Mar 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!I have a McAfee antivirus 2007 and it was downloaded before two years with a licence for three years(i bought that license!).The third year(this one) McAfee was not with its mind!Here are the problems:
    1.When i click it(i scan my pc weekly) these days it says McAfee then nothing.I looked in taskmanager,that task is gone!
    2.When i go to google then i write down McAfee then mozilla(or IE)instantly turns off!
    3.When i go again to google and write down every other name of an antivirus(like KASPERSKY,or NORTON....) the same problem like the second!
    4.When i scan it with UNiBLUE spyeraser 3.0 (with latest updates) it says spyeraser.exe has encountered a problem and it needs to be closed.
    Conclusion?I think my antivirus is a virus!I think thats the source of every this problem.When i try to delete it,it says it cannot be deleted(bad source from file or disk) whatever i try to uninstall-manual or automatic(manual-over program files, automatic,with control panel>add or remove programs)
    HELP?! I don't want to loose all my files!
  2. CCT

CCT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,556

I think you should boot into Safe Mode and run your AV stuff. Sounds like one of those 'block your av' nasties is living in your comp.

Also, if you can eventually get stuff to work in regular mode, follow the 15 steps here:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html
  3. kritius

kritius TechSpot Guru Posts: 2,087

You could also download STINGER and run it and see if it clears up anything.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.