Please help with megaclick.com spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Megaclick

Close control panel.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of geoff1406 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have seen numerous posts about megaclick. There is no need to log all these hijack attempts. Megaclick URL, DNS, and search redirection is dependent of the MegaUpload toolbar. Uninstalling the toolbar removes the redirections. Also, you can shut off megaclick within the toolbar. You can also delete just the entries for the redirects out of the registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/MEGAUPLOADTOOLBAR.

I had this very same problem, and I hope you have been able to solve it by now, but when I found out how very simple it is to get rid of I felt like the biggest ***** ever. Very simple for the annoying problem:

In Firefox go to Tools
Go to Add ons
Simple have it uninstall the toolbar (You will have to restart FireFox)

And there you go problem gone. You dont need to go through hundreds of free scanners that dont work.

I-Got-It-Gone! said:
I had this very same problem, and I hope you have been able to solve it by now, but when I found out how very simple it is to get rid of I felt like the biggest ***** ever. Very simple for the annoying problem:

In Firefox go to Tools
Go to Add ons
Simple have it uninstall the toolbar (You will have to restart FireFox)

And there you go problem gone. You dont need to go through hundreds of free scanners that dont work.

And for additional protection, he will need to have those free scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back