Number of Memory Slots 2×184pin
Memory Standard DDR 400
Onboard Video
Onboard Video Yes
Onboard Video Chipset S3 Graphics UniChrome 2D/3D
Physical Spec
Form Factor Micro ATX
----------------------------------------------------------
I have look all over for error codes and can not find anything to solve my problem.

When I boot the machine and it tries to go to post I hear 2 medium to long beeps. In addition the LED on the front of the case stays a solid red. Power does not seem to be an issue, and I am working with known good memory. I am unable to get any type of display to the monitor and even put in a pci video card to no avail.

Any help would be extreemly appreciated.

Actually its still the Memory chips, they may be having address errors, conflicting or not compatible. its best you think of changing the.The two long beeps mean that you have a memory problem.Try the and let us know.R

Try reseating your memory chips in the slots.The last msi board I used was extremely tough to get the memory chips in and I had to push down hard.If that does not do it, set the bios to boot from the cd rom and run memtest 86 for errors.

I am having the EXACT same problem. I've figured out that it will boot fine with pc2100 or pc2700 RAM, but not with my pc3200....

Any ideas???

The pc3200 RAM is CLS 3, ECC, REG while the pc2100 and pc2700 are CLS 2.5.......is this the issue you think?

That is what i'm thinking, do you know of any easy way to find out? MSI doesn't have the best support. The mobo is a MSI K8MM3-V H. Thank you.

Check the MSI site to download a copy of your motherboard manual if you don't already have one. I looked at it briefly but it wasn't clear to me if ECC was or wasn't supported.

msi boards use a d-link hardware checker. read the LED light codes on the back. the led codes are in the manual for the board. You can also check it out on MSI's website. any type of BIOS beep is indicative of a hardware failure or incorrect installation.
I doubt your system is incompatible with DDR 400 RAM. I have an older MSI athlon XP system with DDR 400. but I am not ruling it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back