Please Help with my logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikomai

This morning my computer just acted weird, it restart by itselt with the error message such as " System shutdow, RPC terminated unexpected" just like the blaster worm before but i ran the remove tools, my system wasn't infected by the worm.

These are my logs please have a look and help. Thx.

I'm using XP SP3 pro.

Hi :

I do not know what caused the Error Message, but I see some security shortcomings in the Log . The 1st is the use of AVG 7 ; although some are having
problems with the newest version 8, I wondered why you are not using ver 7.5 ?
And even going further, why not use the superior & FREE Avast Antivirus Home
Edition, with good Info at www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html !? IF you decide
to "switch" AVs, you should use the "AVG Remover" BEFORE installing the
"replacement" and I will provide the Link IF asked .

You have the very malware-prone Adobe Reader; recently Researchers found a new hackertoolkit that uses nothing but Adobe securityleaks in order to infect systems. "PDF Xploit Pack" ( http://www.trustedsource.org/blog/153/Rise-Of-The-PDF-Exploits )adds all kind of exploits to PDF-files. When a certain exploit has successfully infected the OS, the IP address is sent to the attackers, so they need to try again. This to reduce the time it takes to manage the bots.

Use of PDF-files is becoming more and more popular among malcreants, this because other toolkits also have PDF exploits now. A year ago only 3% of the exploits were PDF directed.

So it would seem wise to uninstall the Adobe Reader and use the safer
"Foxit Reader" !?

Thx for your info, since late last night after my 3 scaned i have removed some malwares and the systoms haven't appears again. I guess everything back to normal now.

I will take your advice and switch to Avast so please provide me a links, thx
Changing to foxit reader soon. Thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back