Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me! I have recently upgraded my OS from XP to Vista Business edition 32 BIT, my PC is a Dell (bad i know!) and even though it was running XP it had the "Vista Comaptiable" logo and passed the upgrade advisor that i run before installing Vista.

However, now at random times the PC will crash and ill get a BSOD stating 'Paged Error in Non Paged Area'. I've searched the site for other users experincing this error and tried some of the fixed, non of which have seemed to do the trick.

I've added 3 minidump files from the last 3 crashes to a ZIP file as they were too big to attatch on their own, so if anyone could have a look and give me a solution I will be forever in your debt!

Thanks!

Hi, Thanks for the quick response!

I checked on the Dell site and there is only one sound driver for the on-board sound card. I downloaded it and reinstalled it just to see if its made any difference.

Ill give it a few days, as the issue can be intermitten, and let you know if it solves it.

Thanks!

Dell's are not necessarily bad. The wouldn't be the number one or number two company in the world if they were... but we would like to know the model number or the service tag. Some few models are worthless, while others have lousy optical drives, or horribly expensive RDRam memory. What makes Dell bad is their tech support which can keep you online or on the phone for hours.
You may have found the solution by now, but you might want to check all your Dell drivers and downloads at Dell because they have been publishing a large number of updates to make some Dells work better with VISTA.
Check also the Device Manager (Control Panel-> System-> Hardware-> Device Manager to assure there are no red or yellow flags.
Dell also has a service that will automatically update your machine over a fast ethernet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back