please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off i'd like to say i'm an *****.

I got a new vid card the other day.I uninstalled the drivers for the 8mb rage that was already on the computer. Put in the nVidia 6200 and all I can see are the POST screens and windows loading screen, after that I get a black screen but I hear the windows welcome tune. I'm assuming windows has loaded but there are no drivers for a video card. I tried safemode and the samething happend.

How can I install these drivers or get into windows without having to take my harddrive out into another computer?

please help.

hi welcome to techspot.

most graphics card still work without drivers, i mean the resolution will locked at low but at least you still be able to read the screen. if there's no image present after the Windows screen , it means maybe there's a need to change the bios settings.

by the way, installing wrong drivers could lead into this problem. as i've been experienced with this. (My gpu is integrated intel but the PC shop installed both nvidia and ati drivers so display has problems). Have you think about a new fresh installation of windows?

And assuming that your PC has AGP slots, have you check the compatibility? It's because even AGP has different speeds.

btw, i recommend you to write your system specs everytime posting a problem thread so that other TSmasters could help you.

the video card is compatable with the computer.
i tried putting in the old video card and that didn't work either.
i get the post screen and windows loading screen and i hear the windows welcome tune. ive checked the bios to make sure its on AGP and not PCI. I've tried safemode, it didnt work aswell. I cant reformat because I dont see anything past the loading screen.

Anything else I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back