Please I need some help here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated my hardware 2 days ago:
Asus P5N32-E SLI PLUS
EVGA GeForce 8600GT Superclocked
2Gb DDR2
P4 3.0Ghz (the old one I had)

I did a clean install (format hard drive) of XP with SP2, I installed the lastest drivers for all my hardware, and my problem is; when I try to install a game/program the screen goes black, my monitor says that there's no signal, and if i'm playing music you'll hear it loop, then the only choice I have is to reboot.

Please I need a big hand here cuz the only game I could install is Company Of Heros. I coudn't install my Creative Zen's drivers, nor other programs/games.

Thanks

Are you sure your current PSU (Power Supply Unit) is enough for your system? Also, have you plugged in the 6-pin power connector into the card? Post the information on your power supply, including the brand name, maximum wattage and amps on the +12V rail(s). Also, using the BIOS's Hardware Monitor utility, check to see if any of your PC's components (mainly the PSU, CPU and GPU) are overheating and also check the voltages to see if they're near or at at least 90% of their maximum value i.e. the +12V voltage(s) should be around 11.8V etc.

I rly think it's a software problem cuz it only happens when im installing something, other than that the Pc works perfectly. My PSU is a SAFEPOWER 550W. The EVGA 8600GT doesn't need power from the PSU, it doesn't have a plug for it.

Might be problem with vga driver? Can uninstall driver and reinstall or try other version of vga driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back