TechSpot

Please read my logs

By mretzloff
Feb 24, 2008
  1. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,084

What problems are you having? Did you follow all the steps HERE? How come the logs were posted like that?

Also you dont appear to running any firewall apart from perhaps the windows one. Did you also recently remove Norton?

2. mretzloff

mretzloff TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 116

I posted the logs because I thought it would be good to have them read from time-to-time to see if there's something I missed.

I'm only running Vista's firewall, because other ones slow my computer down.

I've never had any Norton product, other than Save and Restore, on my computer.

3. kritius

Whats this Hide My IP?

Also there appears to be some problem with this c:\windows\system32\securenet.dll, dont get Hijackthis to fix it though.

I think that its a program called LSPfix that you need.

4. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

i agree with kritiius. you could try to uninstall hide ip as it may be the whole cause of the problem it well could be corrupt
    the rest of you log looks good

5. mretzloff

6. tomrca

tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000

7. mretzloff

Is it a must? The reason I ask is because I had Zone Alarm installed on this computer and it REALLY slowed me down. After uninstalling Zone Alarm and running CCleaner, it ran quickly again.

8. kritius

Do you consider having a computer that runs slightly faster better than one which is better able to protect you from malware?

9. mretzloff

Why download a firewall that slows your computer, when your OS comes with a firewall already?

10. kritius

Because the one that your OS comes with isnt very good.

11. mretzloff

Ok, I'll try the Comodo.

Thank you for the help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.