TechSpot

PLEASE somone help me with a 478 cooling installation simple question.

By cooling4life
Dec 16, 2005
  1. ok i recently got this fan called thermaltake polo 735. I have everything installed just fine but when i try to clip it into the 478 configuration on my motherboard i have a problem. It has two clips one on each side you hook one side into it and then push down on the other side and its supposed to lock.. but i cannot figure out how to LOCKE it please somone help me! its just a standard 478 clip configuration.. it clips in on one end fine but i cant locke it!

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +237

See if this installation guide from the Thermaltake website helps: Click here.

3. brandl

brandl TS Rookie Posts: 27

first of all you really try to find the manual or any *.pdf archive to see if it shows how to clip it in the right way.

4. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

What kind of motherboard do you have? Some manufacturers such as IBM and DELL use special coolers that dont have the usual locks on them (I learned the hard way. . .)

5. brandl

brandl TS Rookie Posts: 27

so, did you find how to do that?

send some feedback!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.