pls can someone read my dumps ??

By teknix
May 26, 2006
  1. hello :)

ive been getting the dreaded bsod's again but this time on my 2nd pc , pls could someone be kind enough to read my dumps and explain whats been causing my problems ? :))

many thx in advance :D

p.s. i just added an external usb hd if this is any help

1 gb ram
    xp2200 cpu
    1st mainboard mobo KT400A
    1x80gb samsung hd , 1x250gb maxtor (both internal)
    1x200gb maxtor hd (external usb)

Attached Files:

2. teknix

teknix TS Rookie Topic Starter

hello again :)

is there a problem with my post ? not enough minidumps perhaps ? or are the minidumps unreadable ? thread in wrong area ? have i been blacklisted ??

is there is a problem with my account etc ? if so it would be nice to be informed rather than ignored .

sorry for sounding a little forward here , just im a bit concerned with the lack of replies to my post , its not that i expect my problem to be fixed with upmost priority , i realise that , just , in the past ive found this forum to be very speedy and accurate in diagnosing problems using minidumps .

(please note above is said out of curiosity and not anger , i know how easily it is to misinterperate posts like this)

thx :)
  3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

be patient.. there are lots of posts so they may have missed yours or they are kind of busy, so bumping it is ok :)

i can try to read the minidumps, but i wouldnt have a clue to how to use the debugger tool and download symbol packs so it'd most likly give me the wrong info.. sorry ':D

EDIT: in the meanwhile, you may try some troubleshooting on your own, in terms of general fixits (and if your lucky it solves the problem)
    -hardware diagnostic scans - hdd, ram etc..
    -windows update
    -looking for environment changes (hardware/software)
    -scaning for warez or virii..
  4. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

one minidump references your usb port driver, and the other two reference windows cd-rom driver.

apperently windows has problems powering external high power devices, so if you can try using a firewire port, and also update your mobo drivers, and installing the latest win. updates.

if that doesnt work, see if temporarily removing your external hd solves problems, and run "sfc/ scannow" (without quotes) from command prompt (start->run->cmd->enter) to see if system files are ok.

btw, N3051M, you can get a free debugger from m$ (windbg), aswell as the symbol files for your os.
  5. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,994

?? Norton AV

Your windows is running a faulty version of Norton AV. De-install or upgrade AV may resolve the problem.
  6. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

I'm to lazy and busy to read dmp files need sticky on how to convert to txt log or is there one here already.
    and a thanks to those that showed me how to convert
    that post is here somewhere
  7. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

yeh i have Debuggin Tools for Windows installed.. but downloading the symbols pack (135-192mb) on dailup may prove to be a little problem :D... may get a friend who's got broadband to get it for me.. but i wont be seeing him for a while...
  8. teknix

teknix TS Rookie Topic Starter

hello :)

many thx for diagnosing my problem :D and thx for the input on how to read minidumps , its greatly appreciated :)

i had a suspission it might of had something to do with the usb drivers seen as how i just recently added an external hd , i just upgraded dvdrw too, also the norton AV part ... suprised u mentioned that , but u are correct i do run snorton on that pc , and ill try re-installing that too :D

thx fellas

long live the minidump jedi's :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.