pluging an electric guitar into a soundcard

By gamingguy27
May 6, 2006
  1. I was wonering whether there is a way of pluging my electic guitar staight into a adapter like a soundcard and record onto my pc?

    I have been looking at the soundblaster audigy ones with the external hubs, and i was wondering if i could plug my guitar stright into it?

    Many thanks,

  2. eazy_duz_em

    eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 170

    connect the guitar to your LINE IN and find a software that supports line in recording.
  3. gamingguy27

    gamingguy27 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 253


    So i dont need a pre-amp or anything like that? Just get a decent soundcard and plug it in?


  4. eazy_duz_em

    eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 170

    yep..only plug the jack in the LINE IN.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.