Plz advice for getting new pc

By black mamba
Aug 20, 2006
  1. Hi,
    I am investing in a new home computer and I mostly enjoy it for gaming. One specific game, pretty old, avp2. I had heard a while ago that certain graphic cards were not compatible with the game bc it was older.
    I know kinda how much ram and all that to get, but I'm not sure what kind of video card to get. Any advice would really help....would hate to spend a bunch of money and then cant play my game. I'm getting a new pc cause this one is old and there's something wrong w it I can't fix.
    So far I see the options for Ratheon, Nvidia but then I don't know what is good. Which of the Nvidia is going to run my game etc.
    Thanks so much you smart people
  2. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 TS Rookie Posts: 398

well first this depends on what your budget is. Whether you want to drop $1000 or less. For a TRUE gaming system, you are gonna drop about $2000-3000. I would recommend that Gateway FX510X series desktop system. I have one with a 19" LCD for about $2500. And in benchamrk tests, it notched 102FPS at 1280x1024 and 32bit color.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.