PLZ HELP ME OUT amd 64 3400

Status
Not open for further replies.
plz help me out!! amd 64 3400

Heya ive spent all day trying to figure this out this is my last desperate attempt so plz only people who know what they are talking about replie. I have recenly just bought a new system it is.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ on socket 754 on motherboard K8M800-M2
i have 512 ram but i also have another 512 on order waiting to be delieverd
my graphics card is 6800GT 128 (this is working fine)
120gb of harddrive (partitioned into 3 different drives)

ok i have this and yet my cpu speed is at 799mhz i nearly fainted when i saw this. My HTT is set to 200 and my multiplier is set to x4 (i know this because i downloaded CPU-Z) well my friend told me i needed to raise my multipiller to like 11 but the problem is and ive checked eveywhere in BIOS (like 5 times) i cant seem to find where i can increase it ive tryed programs but it just crashes the system can anybody help me out? I might just be missing something in bios (bios or dos the one u press delete to get into on startup). The quiet option that useually brings the cpu down is set to disabled. I have also tryed putting eveything back to default but no luck. Any ideas here would be great im only 18 and im growing grey hairs cuz of it!! cheers for help

Well the answer lies in the manual... read it!

Ok, that was a half-assed answer, sometimes I have noticed that the M/B reports the frequency wrong, usaully a simple bios update solves this problem. But more importantly you should check your vendor's website and see if there isn't any compatibility issues.

Just curious, you said you used CPU-Z to check the frequency and multiplyer. 799 mhz not ghz I presume, so does your startup post screen display AMD 64 bit 3400+ ?

Also right click on my computer and click properties, here it should display your real clock speed, which is always less than 3400 for some AMD reason I can't remember....

Good luck...

Ive read the whole section on bios but it dident help (its a rubish manual) i know that its a amd athlon 64 bit because it says in system in control panel and has the real speed in brackets (799mhz) but yes to also displays the 3400 amd athlon 64bit at start up as well. Also thanks for pointing out ive edited it now was a typo yes i ment 799mhz.

hey, wat u need to do is update ur BIOS, u can do this by goin to tha manufactors site, im sure the latest for that mobo is the F5 but i cant be sure, anyway wen u do this there will be extra option on ur mobo about multiplier just change that to highest there and should work. cant guarentee it mate but im pretty sure thats wat it is.

Are you sure it's not just cool'n'quiet lowering the CPU speed while the CPU is idle ? Load up a CPU intensive program & while it's running, recheck the CPU speed. Try loading something like SETI.

Well now i got bigger fish to fry while updateing my computers BIOS the computer crash and a really bad time to do so may i say. This has lead my computer to not starting up at all (just a blank screen) does this mean i need a new motherboard? or is there another way around it b4 i splash out more cash? support would be very helpfull thanks and im 100% positive that cool'n'quite was turned off and disabled. The reason i think was the problem was the HTT being set to 200 and the multpliier being set to x4 which results in the 799 result. Which further leads to me updateing the bios so i would have access to raiseing the mutplier and haveing up to normal speed but now in my streak of unluck this has happend so i beg for any help (i am useing my dads computer to write this).

Well ive given up all hope of haveing a stable computer again i recently replaced my motherboard with a asrock K8UPGRADE 1689 and yeah.. more problems well least it runs at right speed but eveytiime my computer starts to think it shuts down in like a secound (in games bios or booting with windows xp disk). But befor anyone says its a surge protector it is not tryed not useing it that and still same my power supply is 400 watts.... so anyone eles think god's just testing me?

Hey Fang2k5,

I hadthe same problem actually, I have a AMD64 3400 DTR (mobile chip) in my DFI Lan party UT 250. And yes it was running at 800 MHZ (4 x 200).

Well, like they said, you should have updated the bios and not have gone to another crappy motherboard company like ASrock. It should be called AS* Rock.

Anyways, I solved this problem by updating my bios and increasing the multiplier and Vcore. To 11 x and the Vcore to 1.5v. Now I have a stable 2.2 ghz comp.

You should have tired harder, now you have an unstable mobo. You should have went with DFI, MSI, Abit, ASUS or epoxy. LOL but to answer your question, I think God doesn't give a **** about computers. Tests like that are simply your own doing. JK =P, don't take me seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back