Plz help me...Startup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I'm really in a bad situation right now...
2 days ago me and my freind got his brothers computer for our studio and everything went well...Well, untill I opened the computer to see what type of ram it was using cause I had some free blocks at home to add into it...Now the problem occured after I took out one of the rams, and stupidly placed it wrong...
Of course the computer couldn't turn on the next day - the usual thing where the cpu is working, but no picture or anything else appears...
My problem is now that even after we placed it back correctly it doesn't work...
And I know for sure that his brother will beat the hell out of me if he finds out :/

Hope some of you can help me...

Er you should of gone to www.crucial.com and found what RAM there, did you force the RAM in somehow as you say you stupidly placed it in wrong if you do this with force you may of bust the MoBo, just exactly how did you fit wrong RAM?

this is obviously not a fix, but they may be something you have overlooked
is the ram you are adding compatible?
have you made sure that the all the ram that is in has been inserted fully and locked in place?
when tampering with the ram could you have dislodged the psu harness?
could you have dislodged an ide ?
could you have zapped the mobo with static ?
could you have cracked the mobo inserting ram?
have you checked the fuse?

Well the fact is that I didn't even put in the extra rams...I just pulled one of the two 256ddr to see if it was the same ones I used in my computer...Note that these rams where the ones delivered with the computer when it was bought...
Then I pushed it back but didn't realize that it was placed incorrectly (only one of the two white buttoms said click and the ramblock was placed a little sideways...
Anyway I corrected the problem but it still won't work...
I have had this problem on my own computer, but after replacing the ramblocks it worked...

I'm pretty sure I didn't replace an IDE but don't know what a mobo is :/

Ah okay...
But that surely isn't the case...Not only did I put it in slowly, but also the whole cpu is turning on with lights and everything but the main light at the front of the computer is still off :s

pizdac said:
and stupidly placed it wrong...

Can you elaborate on what you meant by this then? :)

You mave have broke the RAM chip or you may have damaged the slot where the chip sits in or you may have damaged the chip due to satic discharge, even tho the lights are on damage may have still occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back