plz help.... PROBLEM WITH windowsXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever i try to open certain programs on my pc(os is windowsXP) ,they fail to open and i get a prompt as follows:
"this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.create an association in the folder options control panel".
WHAT SHOULD I DO...........plz help me
i had recently erased sp2. does that create this problem??

my guess is that when u rollbacked from sp2 the problem was created, especially if u didnt have the problem before u went back to sp1, unless you have some real and valid reason for not having sp2, i would try reinstalling sp2

myworld said:
whenever i try to open certain programs on my pc
I assume you mean files and not programs.If so,right click on them,select "open with",then locate the program most likely to open that type of file-.txt files would require notepad.exe for example.Check the box that says "always use this program to open this type of file.

Hey Peddant I was also getting at that. So yeah if they are not programs, but instead files then follow Peddant's advice.

Toad` said:
my guess is that when u rollbacked from sp2 the problem was created, especially if u didnt have the problem before u went back to sp1, unless you have some real and valid reason for not having sp2, i would try reinstalling sp2
hey toad
thanx for ur suggestion ,, it worked though i didnt install sp2 but i reinstalled the sp1 again n it workd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back