plz help.... PROBLEM WITH windowsXP

By myworld
Jan 14, 2006
  1. whenever i try to open certain programs on my pc(os is windowsXP) ,they fail to open and i get a prompt as follows:
    "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.create an association in the folder options control panel".
    WHAT SHOULD I DO...........plz help me
    i had recently erased sp2. does that create this problem??

SCHUMIinSA TS Rookie Posts: 134

What are the certain programs?

Can you give us some examples.
  3. Toad`

Toad` TS Rookie Posts: 40

my guess is that when u rollbacked from sp2 the problem was created, especially if u didnt have the problem before u went back to sp1, unless you have some real and valid reason for not having sp2, i would try reinstalling sp2
  4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

I assume you mean files and not programs.If so,right click on them,select "open with",then locate the program most likely to open that type of file-.txt files would require notepad.exe for example.Check the box that says "always use this program to open this type of file.

SCHUMIinSA TS Rookie Posts: 134

Hey Peddant I was also getting at that. So yeah if they are not programs, but instead files then follow Peddant's advice.
  6. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

I agree with you.
  7. myworld

myworld TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey toad
    thanx for ur suggestion ,, it worked though i didnt install sp2 but i reinstalled the sp1 again n it workd
  8. Toad`

Toad` TS Rookie Posts: 40

no problem, anything i can do to help, that is wat these forums are for :p
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.