TechSpot

Plzzzz Help My Sound Card Doesnt Work

By Fredy
Nov 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i needed to repair my windows XP & when i finished repairing the sound Card didnt work I tried everything Plz Help am so sad about it . I tried installing the latest Driver But that didnt work too.
    BTW the sound card type is Realtek ALC860
    & Here is the error message at the Device properties
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
    Realtek Definition Audio
    Thanks In Advance

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Did you also reinstall the chipset drivers?

Give us a link to your motherboard's homepage please.

3. Fredy

Fredy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks so much for that response
    intel.com what is the chipset drivers & what is the Miicrosoft High Definition audo

4. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Do you know your motherboard model number? That is what you'll need in order to find your chipset drivers.

If you don't know what your motherboard model numbers is, you should be able to get it using this probing software:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html

5. treylinn

treylinn TS Rookie

I have a similar problem. I have windows XP, just had power supply installed, new motherboard (MSI-865GVM2) , and my speakers don't work now. Plugged speakers into a walkman and they work fine. I think maybe its the motherboard, but to be honest its all greek to me. Did check speaker volume, mute buttons everything is fine. I am using RealtekAC97 audio. Thanks from the newbie!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.