PNY Geforce 6200 difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

I am having serious problems with my Geforce 6200 and I wondered if anyone knew the best thing I could do to get it to work. I am on a dell dimension 2400 and using an inbuilt intel extremegraphics card. On installing my new graphics card, the windows loading screen comes up, and then the screen goes blank. The card only seems to work without its drivers, and even then it is using an incredily low resolution and looks bizarre on the screen. How can I make it work? not even the most recent drivers have rectified this problem. It would be preferable if i didn't have to reformat. Thanks for any help you might have for me :)

have u disabled the extremegraphics? to get any graphics card to work this is going to be the first thing u have to do. I do not think u will get the drivers to install until the on board video is uninstalled.

I used to have the same card as you (and the same pc) and I had to disable the onboard graphics to get it to work. Another error you might encounter when you get it running, is that the screen will show some annoying artifacts on screen and probably won't play back video (the drivers on cd are a bit corrupted). After you install the drivers from the cd, imediatly go to the Nvidia website and download the latest ones. Your issues should be solved. Just thought I'd save you the task of the next step.

Welcome to Techspot Dell_From_Hell :wave: ! Also, look at my guide here and tell us all of the specs of your computer....especially about the power supply.

Zeox said:
After you install the drivers from the cd, imediatly go to the Nvidia website and download the latest ones. Your issues should be solved.

Sounds good. Allow me to add a reminder that whilst doing this, you must remove previous drivers before installing the newer one.

Good luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back