PNY Geforce 6800 GS problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatureofky

Normally i always seem to find the answer to all of my problems.This time i need some help if you don't mind.I've searched many places but couldn't seem to find the right information to help me out.
As you may know by the Title i have a "Geforce 6800 GS"
plugged into a Asus K8V-MX ,2 GB ram, Athlon 64 3200+,Updated Graphics drivers,550 Watt PSU.
When i run Halo it'll freeze up either 2 seconds or 10 minutes and sometimes i get a Blue Screen,but sometimes the PC restarts instantly.And Few of the times it will say Hardware Acceleration is disabled once my game freezes it'll say that for halo.Hardware Acceleration wasn't even disabled.I restarted and my games worked again till the next crash.
I reformatted and updated graphics drivers.

But Before i upgraded my System
GA-7VT600-RZ ,Athlon XP 2800+,Ram Video card and PSU the same.
No crashes,even with my CPU Temp at Idle 72C.touch it and get burnt.
Better Yet,Higher FPS in all of my games!

But the video cards TEMP is 68C idle i'm not sure what it was in the Gigabyte board.
I really can't remember what the blue screen said but i'll try to see if i can get it to show up again.

Thanks in Advance!

Updated your bios?

Try the nvidia 84.21 drivers.(run driver cleaner before installing them just to make sure everything is out of there)

Take one stick of ram out and try running on only 1 gig.

I think it's an overheating problem. Try aiming a desk fan inside ur case after opening up both sides and then see if the problem occurs. 68C is not a normal idle temperature for a 6800GS. Also, is 72C the CPU temp? If it is, then I'd get some cooling in there ASAP.

72C was on Athlon Xp 2800+,my Athlon 64 3200+ Over heated once and i check temp in bios right after and it was at 71C but normally the temp will be at around 44 Idle,the temps are very jumpy,its been as low as 38...

Kreatureofky, it is definately a heat issue. Happily it can be fixed. I was having the same problem with my GS . My idle temp was 64 and peak was 85. All i did was fix my cables. Add an intake fan for the card area (the pci mounting area), extracting fan near the cpy and the temp dropped to load: 56 -58 and load is 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back