Poor Benchmark performance??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiedude

Hi All

I have just upgraded my PC (forced upgrade thanks to a thunder storm!) and was hoping to see a major improvement in benchmark results, but haven't. My new system comprises of:

AsRock AM2NF3-VSTA nForce3 250 Skt AM2 mobo
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ AM2 CPU (2x1MB L2 Cache)
Arctic Cooling (AC-ALP-64) Alpine 64 CPU Cooler
Crucial 2GB kit DDR2 PC2-5300
GeForce 6600GT AGP graphics Card
Sound Blast Audigy
Windows XP professional x64 edition

This is a bit of a temporary budget system until I can afford to go PCI-E and SLI on a better mobo.

In 3dMark 2005 I am getting scores around the 900 mark, but other people using similar systems are getting around 15000! Don't know what the problem is, everything in BIOS looks correct. Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Most people with 15k in 3dM are using pci e cards at least a high 7 series card getting and a x2 4400/c2duo 6600 or better. Its your graphics card holding you back

Passed that I dont see the point of benchmarking if you're not trying to tweak and get a high score.

Maybe I added too many zeros, it might be around the 1500 mark, need to check that. They were definitely using the same graphics card as I was using the direct comparison chart to compare against similar machines. Most were using lower spec CPUs too.

I use the benchmarks to check the performance of my components is at the level I expected. I am surprised to see machines of very similar spec to mine getting considerably higher scores, so thought I might have a problem. I agree that the 6600GT may be holding the system back, but that doesn't explain why i'm not getting comparable results to others using the same card.

Those people probably had SLI 6600GTs. Having 6600GTs in SLI would net about about 1500.

had a good look through the comparison charts, and the people with the top marks are using SLI cards. however, i have noticed that my new setup is actually considerably slower than my old one (Athlon 64 3200+ (754), 1.5gig DDR, ASUS k8v se deluxe mobo, everything else is the same). I don't see how this can be, my new setup should be far superior shouldn't it? Could it simply be a case of the mobo being rubbish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back