Poor video quality

By rliu
Jul 27, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For reasons unknown to me the video quality of videos downloaded from the internet or internet streams is very poor on my computer on WMP or any other media player, the contrast is also higher than my normal display, any help?
  2. Abraxas

Abraxas Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

Are you loading high quality videos?
    If that's the case you most likely have the wrong codecs installed.
    Check out www.matroska.org. Or install the VLC player, it's a player for almost any OS in existence, I believe, complete with the essential codecs (including Matroska, I think).
  3. Char_X

Char_X Newcomer, in training Posts: 209

Hi!

Agree, you rather ought to uninstall you codecs completely and install any codec pack. I always advise K-lite Codec Pack - the most full one in mi opinion. In this way you won't worry about loosing any single codec.
  4. azkickerboi69

azkickerboi69 Newcomer, in training

is that all i have to install?
    and how does it affect my speed?
  5. Abraxas

Abraxas Newcomer, in training Posts: 205

Should be enough, I guess. If not you have to find out what codecs you need with a tool like G-Spot (nice name, that).
    Your speed? Codecs shouldn't slow you down, they are only activated when you need them, not running in the background or something.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.