Pop ups

By Mikjensen
Feb 3, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to clean a Dell laptop for some friends. It is running XP with SP2. I had to run windows update 5 or 6 times to get it up to date. I have tried all of the solutions I have found in this forum and it still has pop ups. I am attaching a HJT.TXT

Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Mikjensen

Mikjensen Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 37

Since I didn't get any replies I have gone back through the preliminary removal procedures step by step. I have attached a HJT log and a Combofix log. AVG Anti-Spyware would not give me a report. I checked the bubble for create a report for every scan but when I go to reports there is nothing there. I tried this twice. I searched the entire computer for all .txt files and could not find a report from AVG Anti-Spyware. It did find 1 problem; downloader.VB.cge and quarantined it. Panda did not find any rootkits. I am still getting pop-ups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.