Popcorn Time now offers a web app so you can stream movies right in your browser

dkpope

Staff

By this point, we’ve all heard of Popcorn Time, the app often referred to as “Netflix for pirates.” Popcorn Time has made it a lot easier to access copyrighted movies and TV shows illegally — with its streamlined process and sleek design — and, not surprisingly, has faced resistance from the movie industry and the authorities.

BGR reported today that now Popcorn Time has debuted a new project named Browser Popcorn. And, as you might guess from the title, it offers the function of Popcorn Time without the need to install an app — just access it from your browser.

The Browser Popcorn website shows what movies and TV shows are available in a setting that’s similar to Popcorn Time (which is modeled after Netflix.) Peruse the most popular movies and shows right on the homepage, or filter by categories or use the search function to find a specific title.

This is the genius of Browser Popcorn: Instead of having to use a dedicated torrent search site to find a movie, then a separate client to download it, and one more app to watch it, you just select a movie and it begins playing in your browser. Browser Popcorn makes the process of watching movies illegally so easy, even people who stayed away from it may be tempted now.

Permalink to story.

Nice to see TechSpot promoting copyright infringement, I guess this means that the "© 2015 TechSpot, Inc. All Rights Reserved." at the bottom of this page is meaningless and I'm free to grab any and all content of this site for my own use, after all you wouldn't want to be called hypocritical would you?

Nice to see TechSpot promoting copyright infringement, I guess this means that the "© 2015 TechSpot, Inc. All Rights Reserved." at the bottom of this page is meaningless and I'm free to grab any and all content of this site for my own use, after all you wouldn't want to be called hypocritical would you?

Considering were already getting screwed over by the movie studios and publishers I don't see what your crying about, your argument is just as valid as those "Oh the banks got bailed out so I should get myself in billions of dollars of debt just to get bailed out too!"

Considering were already getting screwed over by the movie studios and publishers I don't see what your crying about, your argument is just as valid as those "Oh the banks got bailed out so I should get myself in billions of dollars of debt just to get bailed out too!"
WTF are you on about? I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of a site asserting its own copyright at the same time as advertising a service that violates other's copyright.

Oh, and I can't remember ever being screwed by any movie studios or publishers but then there are a few nights in my youth I don't remember too clearly. I feel sorry for you, have you reported the incidents to the police?

I thought Popcorn Time got shutdown?

The original creator of popcorn time, is an Argentinian boy from Buenos Aires. He had lots of "phone calls", including some from the US embassy in Argentina, so he put his talent on other projects. No doubt he has talent for coding!

Popcorn was open source, so some people from Ucraine and other groups continued development.

Recenlty, the original creactor of Popcorn time, revealed his identity, here you can read it in english: (most shocking is the revelation he was offered tremendous amounts of money for including malware in his code. which the didn't accept, but I don't know about the other people who picked up the project)

https://torrentfreak.com/warner-bros-scare-tactics-shut-down-original-popcorn-time-150909/

Regards!

Back