TechSpot

Popcorn Time's Netflix-style movie torrents coming to the big screen with Chromecast support

By Justin Kahn
Jul 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. While the original developers of the torrent streaming platform Popcorn Time have now ceased involvement with the project, its source code is still alive and well. A new fork of the software called Time4Popcorn has been in development for some...

Read more

2. Alpha Gamer

Alpha Gamer TS Guru Posts: 330   +93

I've been using the ubuntu version for some time and, although it is not as good as "advertised", it's quite handy.
    Totally recommend it

3. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

MPAA is probably sh*ting bricks at how popular this has became.

4. Seventh Reign

Seventh Reign TS Booster Posts: 131   +65

"Popcorn Time likely isn't illegal, "

uhhh is that a typo? I'm fairly certain this program is very very very illegal. Atleast where I'm from.

mojorisin23 and Jad Chaar like this.
  5. This is old news . They have been saying Chromecast support has been coming out in a few days for a month. I have been checking every three days. Hopefully the Dev team will become more dependable and stick to their promises in the future.

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah I was confused also when I read that.

7. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,260   +223

Please do not link to time4popcorn, it's known to be the shady version of the software that runs in iFrame (unless that whole fiasco was proven wrong).

8. Your info just collapsed on its self. Don't be a sheep and reiterate what others say. I have tested both versions of T4P and PCT and both are fine. I have not heard of one computer turning into a zombie bot from running T4P. Do some research and make that judgment for your self instead of sheeping.

9. gobbybobby

gobbybobby TS Guru Posts: 548   +8

Took me a while to get it working as my ISP blocked it but I watched a movie on it and it streamed flawlessly. Not used it since tho.