Popup Pxf4bh06u8w.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

recliner

I can't find anywhere about this popup I get regarding my firewall, my firewall was stuck in closed position, keep getting Pxf4bh06u8w.exe I took laptop to best buy they are checking it out. I have no virues. best buy guy said maybe I had too many virus programs, he said you only need one. they still checking it out. in meantime I can't find out about this popup. can any body help. thanks

If you get no results when you search for that file name then going by the actual name itself, I would say it is malware.

The shop assistant is right, you only want to run one anti virus program and one firewall, but you will want 2 or 3 anti-spyware programs.

Best Buy just called, they said that they took off Adaware, Adaway, AVG, and kept Trend Micro on laptop. Trend micro was the worst one that I had, money thrown away on that software, had a trojan horse while back, Trend Micro could not get rid of it, so I bought on line Adaway it took care of trojan. AVG a free program is darn good, better than Trend Micro.
Any way I ask if that took care of problem, they said no that I still have a virus. I ask now what, they said they would do a clean install,$129.00, plus backup any personal files of mine, another $99.00, so I'm looking at $129+$99.00+$29.00. 6 mos. ago I spent $350.00 on new harddrive that they said I needed. I'm just about ready to say the pi** on it and get a new laptop.

If you post a HJT log as requested, there`s a very good chance we`ll be able to clear your virus problems.

baros1954 said:
If you post a HJT log as requested, there`s a very good chance we`ll be able to clear your virus problems.

How would I do this if I can't get connected to internet, I'm using desktop right now. thanks

Download HJT as per the instructions to your desktop computer and burn the file to cd. Then, install HJT as per the installation instructions onto your laptop via the cd

baros1954 said:
Download HJT as per the instructions to your desktop computer and burn the file to cd. Then, install HJT as per the installation instructions onto your laptop via the cd

okie dokie baros1954, thankyou very much, will talk with you later, thanks Terp

I got rid of the popup Pxfbh06u8w.exe, been reading posts here, one person said to fix ICS, internet connection sharing, go to control panel, administrative tools, services, towards bottom of services double click windows firewall/internet connection sharing. When I go to do this i get, could not start the windows firewall internet connection sharing error 2001 specified driver invalid. where can i get valid driver? my puter can't burn cd's, how would i get new driver? thanks terp

Daveskater said:
I don't know about anyone else but I would say to do a Windows Repair install.
Daveskater i tried that no luck. my brain is about sucked dry, not to mention there wasn't much to suck anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back