popups hjt log

Status
Not open for further replies.
spent three days trying to get rid of the popups. i followed all three instruction pages in safe mode. (https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic30213.html) Adaware and ewido are picking up something called Tracking cookies. ive removed them a billion times but they retourn, not sure if these are the cause. Spybot s&d isnt showing any problems. i feel like ive downloaded and run just about every scan available. by now i would have just formatted the stupid thing, cause it does need it, but i bought this computer two years ago with the OS and everything already installed. (HP Pav. a708n) I dont own any copys of windows. Dont want to format and not be able to get it reinstalled!

Ive also got this icon by my clock, red sheild with white x, saying win security alerts.

Heres my hjt log.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of mellzer only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

hjt file sorry

:blush:

most of the popups are from adsolutions. durring the last three days ive seend look2me, wwwsearch, and project1. my scanners are no longer finding them. just something called cookie tracker.

going to appoligize if the hjt log isnt added on. its been giving me problems

Your HJT log is clean.

However, you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. You should get some ASAP.

The free AVG antivirus and either the free Zonealarm or the free Kerio firewalls programmes(just Google).

Once you`ve installed and updated AVG, do a full system scan and delete whatever it finds.

You should also go HERE and follow the instructions exactly. This is to make sure your system isw clean.

When you`ve done that, please post back and let us know how your system is running.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of mellzer only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back