PopuptTest.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefox 2.0.0.1 allowed only ONE popup hehe. No way I'm going back to that crap called IE...
Only the drop down banner popup managed to appear.

None of the top Popups on Opera 9.02 build 3512
But I did get dropdown, and sticky, and the one with the plane.

jobeard said:
IE 6 allows FOUR :(
IE 6 has built in popup blocking? I thought it let everything through.. Well 4 is better than the 10 one of those tried to launch. Wonder how IE does with Google Toolbar.

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1. and I only got one, the TangoZebra Overlays near the bottom. The good popups at the very bottom came up ok. I use Adblocker Plus and NoScript in Firefox.

No popups with Konqueror, although it asked four times if I want to allow them (I've configured it to ask for popups).

Mictlantecuhtli said:
No popups with Konqueror, although it asked four times if I want to allow them (I've configured it to ask for popups).
that's the way to configure it :) good protection!

The problem with popup blockers is that Symantec/Norton has one, Google Toolbar has one, and IE has one; so when I'm trying to do something on Gmail it tells me a popup blocker is interfering, I disable IE's and the toolbar's, still does it, finally I figure out it's Norton and disable Norton's popup blocker. 'course then it works, seems a lot would work better if I disabled Norton :D but it's not my computer, so what can I say :(

Firefox 2 + Adblock Plus + Filterset.g Updater for Adblock (plus one or two Greasemonkey scripts for specific sites like myspace).

What are these popus/ads of which you speak?

Good site!

I passed all the tests using Firefox 2.0.0.1. I use Proxomitron with Grypens filter set.

Proxomitron is by far the best tool for blocking pop-ups, adverts, and basically anything else on a webpage that you don't want to see.... IF you know how to use it and take the time to configure it! Installing a pre-made filter set like Grypen's is a good start.

I also have Adblock Plus, but this very rarely has to do anything because Proxomitron removes anything you don't want before it even reaches your browser.

http://www.spamblocked.com/proxomitron/

http://www.castlecops.com/f183-Grypen_Proxomitron.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back