Poss to save & run games from HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve B

:confused: Can one of you GURUS help, I wanna know if I can save an entire game to "C"drive and run it from there with no CD?

This is for games I OWN, between the MRS and kid I can never find anything and thought this would be the ideal way to go.

Thanks in advance. :grinthumb

p.s. is there anything worse than going to listen to the Pixies, and someones put Robbie Williams in the drive. I'm gonna have to padlock it!:mad:

Option 1: you get a "no-CD" crack for the game. It will not ask for the CD, but you may not be able to see cutscenes and such.

Option 2: you get or make a CD image of the game and use a virtual CD-ROM drive to fool the game.

Keep in mind that the modern copy protection schemes make both of these tricky.

I use a program called game drive.comp usa has it for 19.99 usd
been using it for 4 years now and have no problems.There are a few differant programs that will create virtual drives.Good luck

Thanks, guys, that VIRTUAL DRIVE sounds interesting.

I'll give it a go.

As usual, TECHSPOT came through with the goods.
I have another one, how do I make lots of $ without doing anything?... Anyone...:grinthumb

You have to make a crappy OS (not by writing it, but making slight modifications to some other crappy OS) and sell it to IBM.

Ahhhhhhh, call me Bill.

By the way, I got a "no CD" code from "game burn world" and it works a treat. I opted for the full install when I loaded Simpsons HIT & RUN and I'm terrorizing Springfield. Full music and clips.

I've invented a new mousetrap/fitness regimen. It consists of a video,some cheese, a pair of cheap running shoes and a hammer.
I'll get some washed up actress to flog it & let the dough come rolling in. "fight flab with the Mousketeer!

Is MRS BRADY still alive???

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back