Possible Dual Channel Memory Overkill!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup guys! would really appreciate some info and advice here. I have an Intel D875PBZ motherboard and i previously had 2 sticks of DDR 256 Corsair Platinum Series XMX3200 @ 400MHz. I wanted to upgrade in memory so i recently installed 4 gigs of A-Data DDR to fill out my slots. I find that with the 4 sticks installed, i have serious sound issues. loud screeching noises when trying to run video games and then when exiting the games, the noises continue when running any application using sound. When i used just 2 sticks, the games became stable. Am i stuffing in too much memory that this mobo cannot support? also is there some type of software to adjust the memory voltage on this mobo or will i be forced to get a new mobo that will allow me to change the voltage on? It does ask when installing to adjust to 2.6+0.1V. Please help!!!! Thank You!!!

Specs: Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz
Video Card: Geforce 6800 Ultra
Mobo: D875PBZ (AGP)
Memory: 4 GHz Dual Channel A-Data

Intel 875PBZ boards require memory modules that are SPD capable. from what I saw of the spec's of the A-data Vitesta DDR 400 it is not. so that may be your problem.

thanks for the info! i figured out the problem! i needed to set my timings in my BIOS before installing the new memory! the memory IS SPD capable. shows right insode the BIOS. everthing is cool as a fan! thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back