Possible Graphics Card Issue

Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with my computer and I was hoping somebody would be able to assist me. Basically my issue is that whenever I start a PC game, the fan on my graphics cards gets very loud to the point where the screen actually turns black, but the PC stays on with the graphics card just making a loud spinning noise. I downloaded TechPower GPU-Z and was able to get some screenshots of the sensors. Hopefully somebody is familiar with this issue and know what could be causing it. These were taken about a minute into playing WoW. I took two because I wasn't sure how long I would have before the screen shut off. Thanks for any help anyone can provide on this.
Untitled.png
Untitled 2.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
My immediate action would be to buy thermal paste and canned air if I did not have any on hand and to remove the GPU fan shroud and heat sink and replace the thermal paste. While doing that I would carefully clean out any dust and I would examine the heat sink attachment very carefully under strong light in case that is failing. I hate pushpins and have replaced mine with nylon 1/4x20 bolts & nuts. Last time I did this I saw my temps drop slightly over 10C.

Tell us how it works out for you.

Back