Possible infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iCharles

Hi,

I have a problem with my Avira Antivir. Just recently when I performed a complete scan it stucks on the tracking.log. So I did the necessary steps in the https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ thread and Malwarebytes' Quick Scan resulted in nothing but SuperAntiSpyware caught Tracking Cookies which I ultimately removed after the scan has finished.

I was thinking that a virus/malware must be causing the graphical distortion of a recent game that I installed, or maybe I'm just being paranoid. Anyway, the logs are attached below.

Thanks in advance. :)

Run Avira Antivir and MalwareBytes in Safe Mode....

I'll leave your scan reports up to the experts here to analyze them... but it doesn't appear to me you have an infestation. But you didn't post the Avira scan results either.

You may have a hardware problem, or perhaps you have no problem at all..

Thanks for the reply raybay,

I did the procedures you requested and the logs are below. By the way, Avira no longer gets stuck on the tracking.log so it must've been just paranoia.

Sorry for the trouble.

Looks clean to me! You might want to run through an Error Check- sometimes that's all it takes for a glitch:

Click on My Computer> right click on Local Drive (C)> Properties> Tools> Error Check> Check both boxes on the screen that comes up> Next> OK> Reboot.

Let it complete. System will reboot when through.

Does wonders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back