Possible PSU problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
:haha: Hi New here. I was searching the internet for help hoping to solve the problem with my emachines t2482 when I came across this site and think I may have located my problem. Let me begin by saying I am no way a comp. guru :rolleyes: . Couple of weeks ago the speakers stopped working, then 3 days ago the mouse and keyboard, then I got the mouse to work momentarily but the keyboard would not, then the internet connection stopped working, then when I'd turn my computer on it would load to some bios screen (I think) and said something about load failure on startup disks and wouldn't let me do anything, then it started turning itself on and off continuously, then my monitor stopped working (on that pc only, works on my other), then all the lights on the computer stopped working, and now the pc won't turn on at all :mad: . So after reading all of your posts I think it is probably the psu. I need your thoughts and opinions on if that is the problem. Also if so, does anyone know what type of power supply I need to put in it? Your help is greatly appreciated. Single women with no clue :)

Its probably an atx psu, to be sure you will need to open the pc up and have a good look at it and check what it says on the label on it.

Thanks it was an ATX however it looks like my mobo is fried and of course that mobo is no longer in production, so I have to search for something close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back