Possible Reference forum?

D

DelJo63

A great deal of the site is problem oriented -- a great service to the community.

There is a percentage of threads that are more reference and fyi related.
It might add to the usability of the site to add reference materials as a high-level forum.

Just a thought...should those be moved/referenced in the Guides & Solved Issues forum? Maybe have 1 sticky with links to each one of the threads you stated, and more.

That's probably not a bad idea though. Gather all good threads relating to some broad areas of interest.

I agree that was the reason why we created the Guides & Solved Issues forum, however we need people to promote those threads for inclusion first ;)

Then I nominate those cited above. I'm sure there's lots of others that are noteworthy.

Nice job - How did you do this

poertner_1274 said:
Okay, it's been started! Have a look and give more references

As they say in the vernacular, it is a very daunting task to separate the fly <expletive> from the pepper.

Pinning threads in "Guides & Solved Issues" is a good way to focus help for recurring problem themes. Keyword searching has limitations when it comes to the volume of text stored on bulletin board (basically a chat medium). Transforming vague symptoms to a specific help involves the ability/knack of everyone participating to guide seekers to the knowledge contain herein. Using "Guides & Solved Issues" populated with structured threads (meaning absent extraneous postings) is a move to manually construct a knowledge base.

Does anyone know how fat of a wallet that Julio is sitting on? T-cubed [my expression for Time*Talent*Tools] is needed to add a knowledge base management system to all the data that is collected here.

Nicely said :)

I would opt for a single Solution per thread, edited for clarity and completeness.

Choice of thread title can be problematic; ie: my title may not match your thought pattern.

Back