possible to play css without going through steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its it, but you need to find a "cracked copy" which is EXTREMLY hard to find, belive me! ;)

Sort of

If you are looking for CSS to play without Stem I would think that you are one of two people (1) you have dial up and steam realy sucks bandwidth from you or (2) You got band from the Steam network for cheating. If you are #1 I would look at getting somthing faster if you are #2 well thats what happens when you don't read the EUA steam posts when you download it.
If you are someone that is not one or two let me know as I would realy like to know why you would want to get around the steam network other then to cheat and be a Llama.

P.s.

soon steam will have some new security fetures and if you don't use their apps on the network you will be auto band for one year. These fetures will log IP address, ISP, MAC address, Account Name, CD keys, Player name, email address and some specs on the computer. the bans will be one year at a time and after the third time the cd and ip and nic will be locked from the network for-good. that means you need to change your ip and nic card fdisk your puter go buy a new copy of all your games and reinstall them registar and make sure any id infor from your last account is not on the system. you can't have the same email addy, the pc cannot be registard to the same person have the same address or anything that would lead steam to think you are you they are realy stomping down on well evrything.

Hey Secondgunman is steam doing anything about cheating on the servers!!! I figured i ask you since you seem to know alot about steam and their workings and i read in another post that you have a server as well or something around that line. :wave:

Ah...

Well some kinds of cheating Steam will ban you from One (1) year to indefinately but and I am told there is going to be a new patch added to the sever software that will report people band and or kicked from servers aword the kick or ban a ranking and if within a predetermand time you get to a set rank you will the be band from notonly that sever but the team play all together... steam will not ban you from single player games as you have perchased the right to play that game aslone as you fallow the EUA but online is free software that is "Added intrest" and they can change the rulles govering it with out any notice. There are programs like Chead-Death and Steam's Cheatkiller out there and a good resver admin can write a BAT file to do a paridy check of any system running and then do funny things to the person when a script or something is found, eg. The TFC clan -=Mr=- has there server setup to do a paridy check of your harddrive every so meny seconds if something is foound you get punched into the ground and you will broadcast "HELP! HELP! I an stuck!" then given a warrning after four warrnings if you have not yet removed the cheat or script you are kicked and banded from the severs and then you are loled at on their website in the forums for a few days.

well its been a year since this question was posted and i would like to know if there has been any way to use CSS without steam since ten. also can you play CSS with bots without using steam? the steam downloads take way tooo long :(
thanks
-The Toast King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back