Post 8-Step Removal Assistance

By shaunjohn
Dec 13, 2009
  1. Hello TechSpot!

I am new here, and first off would like to say I appreciate your spare time in helping me with this matter. I recently have had some serious issues with Mozilla Firefox and what I think counts as a "Browser Hijacking" when I try to access, Google and MySpace. I am forwarded to the following web address:

So, I decided to run my standard routine for any Spyware/Malware removal as I do have some experience, but I am definitely not a pro at this stuff. I managed to clean quite a few problems, but I am still noticing 1 bug that is being quite persistent. I followed your 8-Step Removal guide and was wondering if you wouldn't mind taking the time and checking out my log files?

Thank you again!

I suppose I should also throw in I have used UnHackMe to search for rootkits on my system and every time I restart windows, it loads a search before Windows actually loads. It is turning up with the following results:

gpztob.dll  (AppInit_DLLs)
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

You are showing some registry key infections... hard to say how badly they are affecting your computer.
    I would first run MalwareBytes (properly updated) again in <SAFE MODE> which you access from a cold boot, then repeatedly depress the <F8> key until it boots to Safe Mode, then let it continue setting up for three or four minutes. Then scroll to the top of the page to select Safe Mode, get the Windows Screen... click on Malware bytes to run again.
    Then immediately reboot to regular mode and run SuperAntiSpyware once more... or go to a file program such as File Hippo and try the online trial versions or Spyware Doctor or SpySweeper... as a final test.
  3. shaunjohn

shaunjohn TS Rookie Topic Starter

I just got home from work and will do this now.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.