TechSpot

Post Count Bug?

By SNGX1275
Mar 26, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. Came across this today, I imagine this has something to do with the post being moved from an existing thread to its new place. But I found it interesting.

Attached Files:

2. BlameCanada

BlameCanada TS Rookie Posts: 356

Yeah pretty interesting...:rolleyes:
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

For some reason and I don`t know why, the thread had been deleted by me? I gave the reason as "Not needed now" I`m at a loss to explain what happened. :confused:

I have just undeleted it and his post count is now back to one.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic73175.html

Author pm`d.

Regards Howard :)
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 12,539   +301

I saw it was reported, but when I clicked on the link it took me to where I got the screenshot, and you had moved it, but it appeared to me at the time as a legitimate thread, not one that I was viewing after it was softdeleted.

I don't expect there to be any investigation into this and bug fixing, I mostly just posted it here because I thought that was interesting to see.
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Moderators see all soft-deleted threads as "normal" threads when clicking links to them.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 12,539   +301

Ok, I guess that is what happened. I was thinking softdeleted threads behaved like softdeleted posts.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.