TechSpot

Post Declined

By tsubwoofer69
Nov 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I recently (not too long ago) tried to help a fellow forum member and I shared a link to a software download that I use myself. It is completely free, I was not advertising, and I use it myself once a month to keep my computer drivers up to date. So why was my forum reply declined?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

Can you indicate the thread to which you are referring? A quick review of your posting history does not show any posts that did not go through nor were any deleted.

3. tsubwoofer69

tsubwoofer69 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 23

I cannot remember the exact thread. But would the download link I gave help?

4. mailpup

No, that won't help me find the thread/post in question. As I said before, I looked at your whole history of posts and failed to find any that were deleted or moderated out of existence. However, I'm not infallible so if you come across it during the normal course of reading and posting in these forums, let me know in this thread. Thanks.

5. tsubwoofer69

Thanks you. I will if re encounter the problem.

6. tsubwoofer69

7. tsubwoofer69

Okay. Well now it is working so I guess problem solved??

8. mailpup

You can try. FYI, new members that include links in their posts, whether it comes from quoting a previous post (with links) or cutting and pasting a TechSpot member's name or intentionally creating a link (like you did), will have their posts moderated automatically by forum software. I think this forum and the Virus and Malware forum are exceptions but all the rest will hide a newcomer's post with links in it until a moderator or administrator okays it.

Also, I sometimes try to tell new members that it is not necessary to quote the previous post just above theirs when responding to it. One of the reasons is if it contains a link, it will be moderated and might not be approved by a mod or admin until hours or even a day later. That slows down the conversation and also creates more work for mods to check and okay. Another reason is it's just not needed or necessary.

tsubwoofer69 likes this.
  9. tsubwoofer69

Okay thank you again for the help.