Post-infection complications

By ahmado
May 10, 2009
  1. Hi , since few days i discovered a lot of viruses and removed all of them . now iam trying to update malwarebytes antimalware it says " Update failed . make sure you are connected to the internet and your firewall is set to allow malwarebytes antimalware to access the internet"

I set my firewall already but can't figure out the problem

another thing concerning SDFIX , when running the file "Run-this" file in safe mode, the desktop restarts again without doing anything.

Please help. (my current antivirus is :norton internet security)

2. ahmado

ahmado TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 48

Thanks god . i got everything fixed
  3. B00kWyrm

B00kWyrm TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,436   +37

Hint 1... Use edit, rather than replying to yourself... Keeps things cleaner.
    Hint 2... You may think you got everything fixed, but it would still be a good idea to have your logs checked by one of our great local experts. They do a wonderful job of helping people get back to a healthy system.

We don't want you to think you are clean, only to be sending out personal information unknowingly.
    We don't want you to think you are clean, only to share virus or malware with someone unintentionally.
    We don't want you to think that all is well, only to have a sudden relapse/collapse/catastrophic failure.
    So, best advice... follow the eight steps exactly and post your logs. Make notes of what problems the various programs found and fixed.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.