TechSpot

POST not displayin and can't access BIOS

By maffpunton
Aug 8, 2006
  1. Hi!

I've just setup my own server with MS Server 2003 (Trial). The system appears to be working just fine, however, amongst all the startups I've been doing, I've just noticed that POST isn't being displayed on screen and I can't access BIOS. Usually it's F2 to access BIOS but even if I keep pressing F2 from switching on right up until the windows logo displays - It won't enter BIOS. What the hell's happening? Aaaarrrgh! Please Help!

2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

It wont be installing server that causes that, try tapping the F2 key when booting up, but cold boot the machine... I have seen PC's not display the BIOS prompt when a warm boot is done..

Failing that open it up and reset the BIOS to default, this is either by removing the battery and switching it on a few times, or by moving a jumper on the board and turning it on a few times.

3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

yes that and or
    while booting hit the F1 or F2 keys this may get you into bios anyway
    may be that someone has the boot disply turn off
    i just bought another used server cheap toshiba
    thats what I had to do
    be careful with olde MB's with nvram and some jumper settings can screw up the bios

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.