POST stops after auto detection

By FourQ
Jul 3, 2006
  1. I'm having a problem I've never seen and I couldn't find anything similar on net.
    My computer stops at POST screen right after drive auto detection.
    I don't really know how it became like that, because I left home with the computer turned off and when I got home it was on and like that already.
    I'm having problems with this computer for almost a month now. First I found out that the generic PSU was causing most of the problems. I lost everything on Windows partition because of the crashes it caused.
    After I bought a Seventeam ST-350BKV PSU it was all nice until last week, when I had problems again and I found out the primary IDE had failed. I just switched my HD to the secondary IDE and was all working fine when the main problem happened. At this point I couldn't do anything to fix. I already replaced the RAM, the video card and unplugged both IDEs, but it always stop at the same point: after the auto detection. I can enter the BIOS setup normally, but when I reboot, if I don't enter the BIOS setup it just stops.
    Anyone has seen anything like that?
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

More than likely your defective PSU damaged your motherboard.
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.