Post your game screenshots here!

By acidosmosis
Mar 27, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The idea is to post screenshots from games. Please ONLY post screenshots that you personally have taken from inside the game, NOT from another website that someone else took.

Please stay within these guidelines:

#1: Game screenshots only
    #2: Your own personal screenshots only
    #3: If the screenshot is larger than 1024x768 please re-size it to
    1024x768 or smaller.

Thanks ;-)

Now, on with those images!

Far Cry Screenshots

Using the scope and taking damage (normally looks like this right before you die)
    [​IMG]

Senseless killing... hey it was standing there, I felt the urge to shoot it.. :eek:
    [​IMG]
  2. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,574

Far Cry Screenshots

Some of the really amazing lighting in Far Cry. You just don't get the full effect seeing a still image though. If a light source moves then so does the light/shadows and it is VERY realistic.
    [​IMG]

One of the mutated soldiers
    [​IMG]
  3. acidosmosis

One more...

[​IMG]

I don't think most people (including me) realized that Far Cry was not just a regular game where you go up against human soldiers. Part ways through the game you learn about something else, and start to encounter other things. Mutant primates at first, then mutant soldiers.

The lighting is amazing, light sources such as lamps move (or you can move them yourself) and the light moves with it very realistically, objects move as they would in real life, body movement is very realistic.. you may manipulate dead bodys by pushing them, shooting them, etc..

Doom 3 seems to have a competitor.. Far Cry will even scare you in some points, eery sounds around the corner will let you know something is there, a shadow in front of a door might alert you to something hanging on the ceiling ready to pounce, and AI is the best I have ever seen so far. The graphics are also very similiar to Doom 3 in a lot of ways (from what the public has seen anyway) but still VERY unique also.

The demo doesn't do this game justic at all, get the full version.
  4. (=DoM=)

(=DoM=) Newcomer, in training Posts: 242

5. snowman

snowman Newcomer, in training Posts: 312

the quality on that looks amazing. i could get near to that with my geforece 5200 but it looked like i was walking in tune with a strobe light.
  6. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

None of the screenshots are showing :=).
  7. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

They show up fine for me on MyIE2, but don't show up at all on Opera.
  8. acidosmosis

9. lch

lch Newcomer, in training

Normally I'm playing it guerilla-like and give headshots with the SMG. This leads to some funny death positions...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. DigitAlex

DigitAlex TechSpot Paladin Posts: 583

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.