Potential Trojan???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found a process running on my machine called iuntfs32.exe. When ended it returns and changes its name to Internet Explorer (IE is not actually running). I have tried to remove it from my hd and reg along with removing it from startup using msconfig but it won't go away. Web searches only point to one site that wants you to purchase their scanner. My AV's aren't seeing it.

Does anyone else have this or know of this?

PrevX thinks it's bad; I think they can be trusted. You just skip over all the "PrevX is a powerful product; it will remove it..." stuff. ;)

Please post a HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread (as per these instructions). Then we may be able to see exactly what the problem is.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of prymela only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Turning off system restore before a system is clean can cause serious problems and yes, I do realise I used to advocate this routinely, but not any more.

The reason it`s potentially dangerous is because if something goes wrong during the cleanup, there won`t be any way back. It`s true, doing a system restore on an infected machine will in all likelyhood restore some nasties as well, but better that than an unbootable system.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of prymela only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back